Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wow I could use some help…

I have realized, although not just now, that I will never win the honor of “World’s Best Parent”.  I’m mostly okay with that, the kids probably aren’t.  I have asked God for patience, but I’ve not noticed a big change in that area as of yet.  Maybe there is a reason for that.  I know that I get upset over things that would only upset an old woman, but try as I might I cannot make myself not get frustrated. 

Do you think I could get points for at least acknowledging that I am impatient?  But I am not just impatient with kids, it is with adults too.  I love to be punctual.  I love to be more than punctual.  My day goes horribly if I am late for anything.  Why is that?  It reminds me of an old country song by Alabama “I’m in a hurry to get things done, I rush and rush until life’s no fun”.  And it seems like if I know this I  could change it, but for the life of me I haven’t mastered it yet.

SO this is my written plea for God to help me be more patient.  I know that He hears my prayers, but it never hurts to have it in writing.  Smile

061

No comments:

Post a Comment