Thursday, December 2, 2010

God Grant Me Resolve

My church has been taking the study “Experiencing God” by H. and R. Blackaby and C.King for 11 weeks now.  On this week God has convicted me.  God gave me a feeling, an overwhelming feeling that I was neglecting Him and what He had told me to do.  And I was.  Evidence- today I did the whole weeks worth of homework for this study.  It is not designed to be done like that.  I was told by my pastor not to do it that way at the beginning of this study.  Tonight is class night, so I had to get caught up.  If I can quote a bible verse used in this weeks study, let me tell you how it was reaffirmed by God to me that I was purposefully lost. “Do not love the world or anything in the world.  f anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For everything in the world-the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and boasting of what he has and does-comes not from the Father but from the world.” ~1 John 2:15-16.

Yesterday God told me just this.  I was putting my want for more money even though He has provided well for me, to come between us.  If not for this study, I might have not gotten this affirmation so clearly. 

Thank you God.  Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment