Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Wonderland

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!  What some refer to as "the white death", I prefer to call "God's Cold Blanket"... whatever your nickname, it has reached my area of Kentucky in a BIG way.  I'd estimate we have at least 4 inches.  School was cancelled today, and preemptive cancelled for tomorrow.  The kids have had a super day, we did some math homework from workbooks I bought at the store.  Trying to give them a little school on a snow day won't kill them.

But for the most part, it's been a play for-all free for all.  Kayleigh has helped me wash dishes and do a load or two of laundry.  And we also got some of our home made Christmas cards made.  It will take us quite a few days to get them all finished.  But it will be great when we get to deliver them. 

On Christmas eve or Christmas day, the kids and I are going to take the cards that we've made to our local nursing home and pass them out to the residents.  I hope that the messages of God's love my children wrote on the cards can bring a smile and a sense of love to the people that receive them. 

A few of the people in residence there don't have anyone (family or friend) to come visit them.  And one thing most all of them love are children.  So I thought it would be great to share mine with them for a bit.  Who knows, maybe someone in the home hasn't accepted Jesus as their Saviour and we can help them do that.

Anywho... I am glad for a little time with my kiddos.  It has been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment