Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Get Involved

Oh yeah, that sounds like fun, sitting around with a bunch of old ladies talking about Tupperware and stuff.  That is pretty much what I thought about our church's WMU (Women's Ministry Union) when my mom asked me to come to the meeting.

I (very reluctantly) said I would come thinking that it would just be something to do for my mom.  In reality, it is something that every woman should be involved in, women of all ages. 

What we do is have a meal together first (love my mama's cooking), then we will read from the Missions Mosaic the names of missionaries around the world that are having a birthday on that day.  We pray for them and ask God to be with them always and to help them know what to say in every situation.  We then discuss new and old business, who we will donate money to, what causes we can support and how we can help the church in whatever God is entrusting it with.  We also have a lesson about a wide variety of things.  Things ranging from Prayer to Patience, Saving money to being a missionary in our own ways.  From these lessons I have learned more than I could imagine.

I'm sure your church has a lot of programs that you may not even be aware of, maybe you have a WMU and don't know about it.  If you aren't sure, I suggest you take a look at it.  I promise you will be blessed.  I have gotten to fellowship with some wise ladies, learn a lot about them, learn a lot about myself and more importantly, learn a lot about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment