Thursday, May 5, 2011

Clothed in His Righteousness

Last night was our Wednesday night Bible Study at Watts Chapel Baptist Church.  Our pastor is away doing revival so we got the opportunity to hear from one of our members Brother Paul.  It is so wonderful that God gives us opportunities to help Him that not only grow others understanding oh Him, but also our own. 

He used the scripture Isa 61:10-11 as his main focus.  Those verses state

10I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

11For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations. (Biblegateway.com, KJV)

What we paid close attention to is the righteousness of Christ.  He was totally blameless, not a mar against him.  He was the only one that could be a sacrifice for our sins, we needed a lamb without blemish.  Brother Paul also gave a few quotes from Martin Luther.  Here is one:

"This life therefore is not righteousness, but growth in righteousness, not health, but healing, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it, the process is not yet finished, but it is going on, this is not the end, but it is the road. All does not yet gleam in glory, but all is being purified." 

It is an awesome thought to think that the creator of all life loved us so much that He sent His only son to Earth knowing the suffering, persecution and pain that he would endure.  And even more awesome to know that Christ did so willingly.

My mother said to me this morning, “We are all saved, whether we want to be or not.  The only thing is, we must first accept that gift of salvation.”

I pray if you are reading this and you haven’t accepted Jesus’ gift of salvation that you will.  Contact me, or pray this prayer I will put at the bottom with a sincere heart.  God will hear you and you will see changes come to your life. 

"God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross at Calvary, and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment