Monday, April 11, 2011

Sometimes you just need to talk.

Sometimes we go through rough patches in our lives where we feel like no one listens and no one cares.  All it takes in one of these moments is for one person to say something kind to let you know that they do care to totally transform your mood. 

For about 4 1/2 to 5 years  I've been a stay at home mom.  This was a very hard thing for me to get accustomed to, and I still haven't quite got it down.  Some days I start feeling like I am not productive.  Then I have to talk myself down off the pity party ledge before I jump head-first into a cry me a river.  Anyway, I tell you that so tell you this...besides my husband and family I really don't get a whole lot of grown up interaction.  I find myself saying familiar three year old words in a grown up conversation.  That's disturbing.  Recently in the Disciples Prayer Life study we were asked to pick a prayer partner to pray with on a regular basis.  So I approached a gal at church and asked her if she would mind me calling her and praying on the phone with her.  (Well not in those exact words, but you know).  I was more than thrilled when she accepted.  That conversation has done more for me than she can even know.

We pray together (not every morning but I want to do that...consistency is not my strong suit) at 5:30 am and talk about things that are bothering us, or things that we would just like to talk about.  It is soooooo refreshing to have someone else tell me that I am not the only one that feels a certain way about things.  Once again I am thankful for God's guidance in helping me fill a need that I had in my life.

If any of you feel the same and would like someone to talk to, get a gripe off your chest or just hear each other breathe (:D )... just let me know. 

Thank you for reading.  And Nikki if you read this, thank you too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment