Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seasons of my Life

I've been afraid of changing cause I built my life around you.  But time makes you bolder, children get older, and I'm getting older too. ~Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac, Landslide)

As I was watching TV yesterday, I came across Stevie Nicks singing Landslide with Sheryl Crow.  For some reason tears start falling down my cheeks.  I always am aware, but for some reason I just pondered it more on this occasion than normally.  I am getting older.  My children are getting older too.  Those singer/songwriters that I have loved so long are aging, dying.  Ten years ago if  you would have told me I would be watching television coverage about Michael Jackson or Patrick Swayze dying I would have thought you were nuts. 

We don't really dwell on our mortality that much, well we try not to I suppose.  But if we don't, do we really live life like we should?  If I knew then what I know now, I would have burned memories into my brain, cherished them forever.  Stevie Nicks wouldn't have had that impact on me for sure.  I wouldn't think about people I've lost and wished that I'd have spent more time with them. 

Life is exactly like a landslide.  One day you are standing on top of the mountain, looking around at God's masterpiece.  In the blink of an eye, you are tumbling down, you've lost your footing. sliding and can't get a grasp. 

Really pay attention while you are on top of the mountain.  Look deeper than the surface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment