Friday, April 15, 2011

It isn't just about statues anymore...

Weird title huh?  Well once again, God has used a study that He led me to take to convict me of something.  He used this past weeks lesson about hindrance in your prayer life to convict me of of two things.  Two of the sins that can majorly effect your prayer life are idolatry and broken relationships.  I knew about the idolatry (sort of) but hadn't really thought about all the idols that I had in my life.  The T.V is a biggie, Facebook games is another (or was until I blocked them today).  I put these things in a more prominent place in my life than God.  I spend more time playing Facebook games than I do praying and studying God's word.  This can be be changed though.  And it has, and will continue to.

The other one that I never even considered was broken relationships.  To think that an earthly dispute could have a negative impact on my relationship with God had never crossed my mind.  I thank God for leading me to this study so that I might try and repair these relationships.  I am taking steps, and for those of you who might read this and feel like I've hurt you, I ask that you contact me.  I do not want to be in any way responsible for hindering someone else's prayer life.  If you are carrying a grudge against me, let me know so we can settle it.  There is nothing important on this earth to keep us at any distance from God. 

Thank you God once again for all You do.  The spiritual gifts far outshine the physical.  This physical life is fleeting, heap on me all the spiritual gifts this earthly mind and heart can stand please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment