Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He IS My Portion

On BibleGateway part of todays reading passage is "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26).  This message stuck me as particularly important to day because of a conversation that I had this morning. 

We are all going to die at some time.  We don't know when or how, but we do know it is a certainty.  But if we live our lives in fear of death and the unknown, then we are telling God that His strenth is insufficient to carry us through.  This verse says what we should be feeling beautifully "God is the strenght of my heart and my portion forever".  He is all we need. 

It still amazes me how a verse can be read 14 times, not really meaning anything, then that one time you read it, it is like God just added that in there that day for you.  I love you God and thank you for your continual inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment