Monday, January 10, 2011

Ten Years Of Motherhood

I woke up this morning and thought, ten years ago at this moment, I was in the hospital in labor with my firstborn.  I had all 3 of my sisters by my side.  At 6:30 pm I welcomed my son, Jakob Ethan Mink into the world.  At a whopping 7 lbs. 7.5 oz., he would forever change my life.  I went from Christina to Mommy in an instant.  All the sappy movies and books can’t prepare you for the indescribable love you feel when you hold your child for the first time. 

Motherhood is a very long and hard job.  But it is the one job that I’ve had where the rewards are worth it.  To see my children grow up to hopefully be God centered people, who care more for others than they do themselves will be my reward.

I thank God on this day for allowing me to be the vessel to deliver three of His creations.  I feel blessed that He trusted me enough to care and nurture three souls that He created for a specific purpose.  That the Creator of everything deemed me worthy to be the mother to three of His children.

Thank you God. Happy birthday Jakob.

No comments:

Post a Comment