Monday, January 24, 2011

Confess and be Healed

Last night during evening church service, my pastor Dan Gutenson gave us a very inspirational sermon about the healing power of prayer.  The focus was not so much on physical healing, as it was on spiritual healing.  The scripture that he used was from  the book of James .  James 5:13-16 says "Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Brother Dan shared with us that afflicted doesn't necessarily mean ill.  When you look up the correct translation of the word it means weak.  Tell me one time in our lives when we weren't weak and down trodden?  That study of the word and especially the last verse, Confess your faults, spoke to me.  The Holy Spirit used that sermon for me to speak up, and ask for the congregation to pray for me to be in God's word daily, and not just to say I have done so, but to actually receive a message every day from it. 

I would like to ask you all now, whomever is reading this, to also pray for me.  I need it.  I will also pray for you.  Thank you Brother Dan for delivering what I think God wanted you to say just to me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment