Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Don't Do Familiar Again

Sometimes it seems like life is on auto-pilot.  Then suddenly you are cast into a turbulence so severe you are not even sure if you will make it off this trip alive...
Having a niece in the ICU on the brink of death jerked me out of auto-pilot.  The terrible thing would be if we took this gift from God for granted.  If we let life slip back into what is comfortable and familiar.  Please tell me that I am not the only one that realizes that if we do the same thing, we will get the same outcome we have always gotten.  Life is too precious to take for granted.  Think of those that we've lost, those that we've almost lost and then tell me that there isn't room in your life for some improvement.  Each decision that we make should first be thought through.  If it will displease God, it will hurt my family, and it will hurt myself, I try not to do it.  However; I am by NO means perfect.  I do think that I have gotten the main idea of life down.  The secondary concepts I may still need some work on.  But one thing I can tell you for sure that I've discovered in my 30 years is that sometimes people will stick to familiar even if familiar hurts.
Please don't do familiar again.
I love you.
You were created for something beautiful and what you are doing now is not beautiful.


Praise God for bringing my niece back from the brink of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment