Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Gift

How can I sing my praise to you
With my voice?
I will in honor of what you've done
And who you are.
Not because I sound so sweet
As an angel, oh so glorious.

Lord how shall I shout to others of you
I've not been given the countenance
For confrontation such as that
I can humbly tell them of your love
And pray that you guide my words

I am so thankful for this body God
And that you've called others to do
What I've not been given the gift for
Beautiful singers, powerful evangelists
Thank you Lord for my gifts

I pray each day that I can use them for you
In honor of your love and devotion
In silent praise to your name, I write
You whisper words to me; they flow endlessly
Without thought or pause

For Lord, you are more than the poems I write
You are the reason that I do
I give all my praise and my love
I give everything I have
I give it all to you

Amen

1 comment:

  1. Neville Hacker- MommieAugust 4, 2011 at 7:24 AM

    Hi sweet duaghter of mine, that praise poem is so beautiful. Did you compose it yourself. Give It to Isaac to put on the bulletin. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete