Thursday, November 25, 2010

Share in the Abundance

When we look around us we will see a myriad of people of all economic backgrounds.  But here in the United States, even in the poorest of neighborhoods, when you look at our poor and impoverished, it is incomparable to those in areas that many of us could never thrive or even survive in.  Many children all over the world starve to death daily.  And when I say many I mean that every day approximately 16,000 children die every day from hunger-related causes.  That is astronomical!  Can we really say that we have it so bad when there are babies dieing because they are hungry?  That makes the everyday worries that we have seem trivial at best. 

What I say all this for is to get to this, while you are preparing for Thanksgiving, Christmas or birthdays, look around, I am sure that you can find a spare can of food you can take to your local food bank.  How many toys do your kids really need?  Donate your time and efforts to those children of God that will not get even one present or bite of food this holiday season.  Not only will your children get over it, they will love you for it later.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and may God Bless you all.


1 comment:

  1. Christina,
    I have adopted a child off the angel tree every year for a log as I can remember, when I was able to do so money wise. I have taught my children to do the same , and I have started a blog of my own , because of you and actually my fist blog is about what we done yesterday for a person down on their luck. Thanks for getting me hooked on blogging and thanks for all you and the kids do for others. :)

    ReplyDelete