Monday, December 23, 2013

Are We Ready?

Are we ready for your kingdom?
Are we adding to thy fold?
Are we seeking out thy lost ones?
And praying to be bold?

Have we laid down our selfish will?
And picked up your perfect way.
Have we taken a moment to thank you
For the food we've had today?

Will we forgive those in our life
Who cut us to the bone?
Will we show THEM the mercy
That Christ has ALREADY shown?

Don't we know that if we follow
Thy steps along the way
You will never steer us wrong
And never lead us astray.

If we can say with truthful lips
That we have done as you have shown
You have promised us Dear Lord
Joys we've never known.

I thank you for this promise
For washing away my sin.
Most importantly for your spirit
That has made me whole within.

1 comment:

  1. These post are such a blessing to me and I am sure would be to others if they knew about them.

    ReplyDelete