Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ahhh the good ole days...

What happened to the good ole days?  When did they cease to exist?  Was it maybe 10 years ago? 20, 50, just when exactly did they stop?  An indicator, well to me anyway, is music.  If you note music today, a LOT of it is sampled for music of years past.  All the good love songs are gone, the teen age anthems are recycled garbage and apparently if you don't say 15 curse words in the first 5 seconds of the song, it won't be a hit!  Give me Ray Charles, give me Nina Simone, give me Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, give me an original!  Ah well, guess we will just have to be thankful that we can listen to the oldies and goodies on the web forever. :D

1 comment:

  1. Thank you honey for voiceing my apinion as well. the music of today is mostly filth and violence as well as the tv shows. love mom

    ReplyDelete