Thursday, March 24, 2011

It is Well with my soul

Last night during our Wed. night Bible Study, we studied the book of Numbers and more specifically chapters 6 and 7.  In Chapter 6 and verse 22 the Bible gives us a "Priestly Blessing" that Aaron and his sons were to give the Israelites.  It reads:

 24 “‘“The LORD bless you
and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’  (Biblegateway.com)

And in this blessing, Bro. Dan asked us what does it mean when it says "give you peace".  He said that peace (in this instance) doesn't mean without turmoil, it means that no matter what life gives you, you should be okay and at peace with it.  The more he explained it, the more it made sense.  While he was talking one of our hymns came into my brain.  "It is well with my soul".  One of the lines in that song says:

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul."

God spoke to me in that moment and told me that whatever comes my way, it should always be well with my soul, because he knows what is coming on the other end of everything.  He has control of my life. 

Thank you Lord for all you do for me.  Thank you for this gift of technology that allows me to share with others what you have given to me, peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment